Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 LMM with 14,000 miles on it. I love this truck but have had it back to the dealer for numerous problems. First I heard a sound from the engine compartment and the dealership said I had a crack in the air intake housing. Several thousand miles later I had the check engine light come on and a warning of “low oil pressure turn engine off” displayed. I checked and had plenty of oil. The dealership looked at the truck and said they could not duplicate the problem and just told me to drive it. After leaving the dealership my dash looked like a Christmas tree with numerous lights coming on. I turned around and drove back to the dealership. They kept it and told me it was a faulty wiring harness. About a month later the same low oil warning displayed along with a second of “reduced engine power” and the check engine light. I took the truck to a different dealership and they also stated they could not find the problem as the codes are not being stored in the ECM. Has anyone had any similar problems?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Anyone dealership can sell them but not many can fix them. If you think this is bad you should own a newer vette.

Give a more specific location than “So Cal” in your signature and then ask for recommendations on here for a local dealer who has a good diesel tech. Then, when you find a competent dealership diesel tech, find out what his favorite adult beverage is and then be sure that he gets a quart for Christmas. :)

There is a tech note requiring an ECM Re-flash to fix the bogus LOW OIL PRESSURE alarm for some LMM’s (assuming of course that your oil pressure gauge said you had oil pressure).

Low Oil Pressure Alarm, the MIL lit with no code, and the limp mode message may be covered under the same ECM update. If you had actually limped the truck it might just be a bad MAF sensor.

Point is, that this is all pretty straight forward stuff for a competent dealership diesel tech to handle under your warranty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, Im in the San Bernardino area if anyone knows a good dealership..My truck is currently at Mark Christopher

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
I had the “reduced engine power” and the check engine light come on back in 09. I took it to a dealer in Henderson, NV. They said that happ. because the DPF couldnt regen. They forced a regen. The next day check engine light came on took it back & they turned it off & they couldnt tell me why the light came on. Next day light came back on & they said they cleaned the EGR valve. "The Diesel Mechanic" said if the light comes back on its ok. :rolleyes:
Once again light came on & it stayed on for a month before it turned off on its own.

Stay away from Desert GMC Buick in Henderson, NV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts