Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had all the fluids and filters to change everything in the truck, as well as a new window regulator for the drivers door, but when we got my truck up on the lift in the shop I decided to check over the front end. Driver's side, fine. Grabbed the right front wheel though and it almost came off in my hands. TONS of play in the bearing. Wow.

So it was 9:30PM (Monday night) - and all the parts stores closed at 9:00. Luckily my brother's friend works at O'Reilly, and we caught him on his cell while he was still close to the store. He was willing to open back up and get us the hub assembly (because I was at my brother's shop, 2 hours from my house - and had to go back home that night) It's good to have friends and know people! :)

So we got that hub assembly, got it put on, changed every fluid and filter in the truck (100% AMSOIL now) and replaced the driver window regulator/motor, all in about 4 hours.

Was the first time I got to work using a lift - my brother just put one in his shop - and WOW what a difference it makes! So much time saved, and easier than crawling around on the dirty floor.

Truck is an '02 LB7 Chev 2500HD EC/SB with 118,615 on it (then) - so right on time to need that wheel bearing I guess.

·
Banned
24,083 Posts
Wow sounds like you got lucky! Ya Im always able to use a rack.... Sorta spoils ya REAL quick! lol... Its a good thing you caught it when you did. Sometimes there tricky to find :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Good to check every once in awhile. I inspect and clean/re-grease the wheel bearing every year on my boat trailer as well as my trailer for my Rhino. I check the DMAX every 6 months when I rotate the tires....I agree with the lift being very useful...wish I had access more often, but glad of the times when I do

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just changed the driver side on my truck at 160k. I got the truck with 140k and I think it was already bad. It started making some horrible noises for a little while. Sounded like power steering at first. I ended up putting a couple thousand miles on it before I got it changed.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
i just changed my passenger's side bearing...the driver's side was changed last winter. The driver's side had quite a bit more play in it than the passenger's that I just changed, but I am going on a trip to anchorage in a couple of weeks and didnt want to be stranded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.