Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Another excellent reason to ditch the ITBC for an aftermarket brake controller...
Bah, I love my itbc.
I do wish they'd refine the module such that the failures made more sense (and there were fewer of them, internally). There is so so so much bad info out there, they're very hard to troubleshoot.

I swear someone could make a mint with a box that would tell you if the problem was the truck or the trailer, alone.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Bah, I love my itbc.
I do wish they'd refine the module such that the failures made more sense (and there were fewer of them, internally). There is so so so much bad info out there, they're very hard to troubleshoot.

I swear someone could make a mint with a box that would tell you if the problem was the truck or the trailer, alone.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Firstly, it should never simply shut itself off and not apply voltage because it thinks there's no trailer, or there's a problem with the brakes, or any other bullshit. If there's any continuity on the brake circuit, and I command braking power, it had better be applying voltage. Period.

Secondly, instead of cryptic moron-messages like "check trailer wiring," how about telling us the actual value of the specific measured variable (in this case, I believe it's brake circuit resistance) that causes it to throw that message? It shouldn't be a dichotomy of go / no-go; it should tell us where we are on the continuum.

I'm just not a fan of technology being designed to babysit me. It feels extremely condescending. I'm a technical person and don't like machines trying to simplify things for my consumption. That's why I use registry hacks to keep Windows from rebooting my computer of its own accord. Machines should do as they're told and not hide information from the operator/user.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts