Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure that 1 or more of my injectors are going bad, id like to figure out which ones. I have access to a Tech II scan tool but don't know how to check injector balance rates. Just wondering if anyone on here knows how to do this and would be willing to give me some instructions, or if someone knows of a thread already on here that explains this i would greatly appreciate the help.

·
Registered
291 Posts
its pretty straight forward, follow the instructions on the tech 2.,go into diagnostics menu, input your vehicle, engine, etc... go into engine data 2, and scroll down to your balance rates. if you hit the wrong button along the process you cant screw stuff up. you play around with stuff, like comanding your fuel rail pressures up and down, as soon as you exit out, it goes to oem settings.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, i'll try it in the next day or 2. the problem i had before was when i would get to the screen where it showed balanced rates they were all 0 and didn't change when i revved it up. I was prob. in the wrong mode or something tho cuz thats not how i got to it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
they wont read unless its at idle, in park, or in drive with foot on the brake. other wise they will read 0

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wonder if i have a bad sensor or dirty connection somewhere, it kept telling me "vehicle speed detected" and shutting me out while i was in park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts