Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain the difference between the Chevy 2500HD Silverado and the GMC Sierra 2500 HD ??...
..Both with the Duramax/Allison......both 2007.5 ?? :confused:

Is it just the badging difference ??

or are there other differences that may make a person buy one or the other ??

What is the majority prefer ??

Is there an advantage in getting one or the other ??

Thanks, :help

Randall

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know if this is fact but i've always been told the big differance is the trim packages.
GMC's are the nicer or the two on the plush side.
where the chevy is the workmans truck.

But you can get most of the same stuff in both trucks so I would think it's just which logo and grill you like better. Personally I like the GM nose better 03 to current but finding GMC D-max's around here is hard. for every one GMC i found there where 10 chevys. So in turn the price was higher on the GMC diesel. this is all used granted.

The 07 GMC looks amazing i hope I can swing one in the next couple years.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Mostly it is just exterior looks. From my experience, the 2 GMCs I have had, the interior seems to be more plush and more comfortable. Also, the GMC dealership seems to have better customer service than the chevy dealer that we have here. I did have a fully loaded chevy and didn't like it as much as my cloth interiored GMC. The GMCs that I have owned seem quieter inside too. In the end, it comes down to personal preference.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Yeah...I believe it's different for everyone...because a local dealership had me sitting in a brand new crew cab GMC with absolutley no options at all....completely just a shell for 42,375.00. And I ended up buying a Chevy crew cab with pre-installed chrome billett grille, digital displays, aftermarket floor mats, back tinted windows, running boards, toneau cover, bed liner, custom painted vent visors, wood trim interior and steering wheel controls for 41,700.00. So for me there was a huge difference in price and what I got for my money. GMC's have better resale value...but that didn't matter to me because this one is running till it's DEAD..and a Duramax is a Durmax to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts