Registered
1,807 Posts
What version is the software on your card? The latest I think is 33.004

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Glen,
I think that you are the 1st person with an LBZ to post on here. Did you get your China T2 from the same place that I got mine? I will plug mine in and see if I have the options for an LBZ / 6 speed and get back to you. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just checked the software version, it is 33.004 The unit just arrived from Hong Kong on Monday. I purchased the Helms Manuals for the truck 4 years ago and they don't list the LBZ either. Helms says they are just a publisher and just print what GM gives them. The best I can tell is that the electronics and wiring are the same for the LBZ and LLY in 06. I have had to chase down a wiring issue and the wire colors and pin out seem to be the same. I have to use the CANDI adapter to link to the truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, I got mine off of eBay through a company in California. I was able to use PayPal to pay for it with no interest for 6 months. With the TIS it was @ 430.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
02NDLB7,
I don't use mine a lot. I started this thread because I wanted let everyone know how mine worked. If you read the whole thing, I had a few problems at first but I ironed it all out. Campinguy sent his back for repairs and he got his taken care of... and there is some good info on the DOs and Don'ts on shipping back over seas. If you buy one, get it from the place I posted in post number 1. This is not a programmer or anything like that. There is also a guy that came on here that says he uses his China Tech 2 daily at a Chevy dealer. When it comes to the newer models this may not work so please check with the people before you buy. If you are driving an '02, you will be fine. I never hooked mine to a PC. Campinguy was supposed to do a follow up on here about his experience hooking to a PC, but he got busy and life just got in the way.
Just going back through this thread and have to apologize for dropping the ball! I hooked mine to my PC and started playing with it but shortly after that my hard drive crashed, which I was expecting since it had been acting up. I have a Mac that I used mainly for photo editing so have been using that until I get past the expense of the work I'm doing on my house. I started restoring vintage kitchen stoves as a hobby and then we decided to build one for our kitchen. That led to a kitchen remodel, which I'm just getting to the point of ripping out the lower cabinets and finally installing the new cabinets. All of the behind the scenes stuff like taking out soffits, wiring, inspections and so on really eats up the calendar! I won't know what to do with all the space in my garage when the new cabinets are installed. Part of my stove project included sending all of the porcelain enamel panels and pieces to Independence Porcelain Enamel in Independence, MO to be redone in red. They finished them in early September (man do they do awesome work!) so we hooked up the 5th wheel and headed east to visit family in the area and then pick up the pieces. A couple of hundred mile into the trip my GMC starting acting up, throwing codes and so on. After some tinkering I found that one of the engine harness plugs had a keeper that wasn't keeping the plug together and was allowing the pins to back out and lose contact. I put it back together and then jammed a short piece of antenna coax in behind the keeper so that it'd stay in the notches and keep the plug together as intended, cleared the codes and headed out. The truck still wasn't running right so I ran an injector balance test and it was wonky, so I bought a bottle of injector cleaner at a NAPA store. I ran that through and it cleared it up quite a bit, though still not back to how it should be. We finished the trip and I've been basically just using the truck to run to Lowe's and stuff like that and it's definitely sick, so now that I have the kitchen ceiling in and the insulation back in place it's time to figure it out. My guess is that my Christmas present this year will be a set of injectors, especially since running the cleaner through did make a difference. I'll try doing an injector system flush first but I put a lot of miles on it after it started acting up so they're probably toast. Having that Tech2 in the case sitting in the basement of my 5th wheel was a Godsend though. I was able to isolate the problem well enough to come up with a plan and finish my trip. It paid for itself right there as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Any idea on the link to a good link to buy a good cheap (probably Chinese) Tech II for an LLY? I realize this thread is about an LBZ so it could be different but bumping it up to see if anyone has a good link for LLY guys.
Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Eddie, I started this thread to chronicle my experiences with the China Tech 2 as no one had really done it. It was never about specific engines. If memory serves, the unit I got will service 01 thru 08 years with out any problem. So the one that is in the beginning of this thread should work for you just fine. I haven't been keeping up with any upgrades or anything like that. Camping Guy was really the last person that I wanted to hear from. He was going to try some things that had to do with the software that comes with these things, but like me, LIFE has a way of getting in the way and stealing your time. I have used my China T2 to diagnose some problems on an LLY and it worked just fine. It also works great on a 94 OBD 1 and other gassers. For me, It was the BEST $500 I could have spent.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I prefer the mdi or mdi2. You need a laptop but it is the future.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Did you get the MDI to work? I read on the previous page that you had not got it to work and was going to keep your T2. If you did get it to work, Please share.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I did get it all working. I have 2 mdi and one tech 2. They all work.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I picked up my T2 clone from OBD2tool.com paid $295 for it. This was to find problems on my 07 LBZ. I hooked it up when I got it with the CANDi module and was able to read engine data. Then the next day it didn't work. The CANdi module was bad. It took almost a month to get them to send a new module, but they did.
After playing with it, while it does give some valuable data, the data list is different than on the earlier models. For instance, it does not show injector pulse width on my LBZ, but shows it on my LB7. I hadn't thought to try and log on as an earlier model to see if it would show it. I also have not been able to connect it to my computer. The current issue is that I don't have a driver for the USB adapter. The other issue is that the software want you to select which serial port you are using, but the USB ports are not an option I can select. I would like to get logged on, as I would like to program my spare ecm.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I picked up my T2 clone from OBD2tool.com paid $295 for it. This was to find problems on my 07 LBZ. I hooked it up when I got it with the CANDi module and was able to read engine data. Then the next day it didn't work. The CANdi module was bad. It took almost a month to get them to send a new module, but they did.
After playing with it, while it does give some valuable data, the data list is different than on the earlier models. For instance, it does not show injector pulse width on my LBZ, but shows it on my LB7. I hadn't thought to try and log on as an earlier model to see if it would show it. I also have not been able to connect it to my computer. The current issue is that I don't have a driver for the USB adapter. The other issue is that the software want you to select which serial port you are using, but the USB ports are not an option I can select. I would like to get logged on, as I would like to program my spare ecm.
Do you have a set of factory manuals? I have the paper set from Helm that I bought when I got the truck new but have decided it's time to quit lugging a ton of manuals around when I need to research stuff. The info you get from the Tech2 is great but it really comes together when you run it against the scan tool data lists in the manual.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where are you getting the software from, to program your 07 LBZ??

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Do you have the latest pcard software? I think 33.04 or something like that. I bought an MDI as I thought it would be easier than using a serial cable to program. Do you have a subscription to tis2web or just using the local database on the older software for programming? You are in az and I am in north phoenix, maybe we could try my mdi and see if would work. I have never tried to program, but assume it can't be too hard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well my tech2 clone has died, get error for can't read candi. Anyone know of something that will work like a tech2. I really don't want to put out another 300.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The mongoose adapter or an mdi/mdi2..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
483 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Csthompson12, The scanner is still working great and Yes I believe I have run that test. Not that I needed to. I was just curious what it did to the engine. You could definitely tell that sound of the engine changed as the pressure was increased. On another test I commanded the fuel solenoid off. Scared the crap out of me. The truck just shut down LOL :rof :rofl WHOOPS!!!

I got my T2 from chinacardiag.com.

"I got my T2 from chinacardiag.com" I have search this site,the domain has been change to chinacardiags.com,lol,finally I got the item sp23

gm tech2 it's amazing clone tool just like original cool

361 - 380 of 380 Posts