Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I've got myself a money pit. Thought I was getting a cherry with 120K and have already done tranny, CP3 and fuel filter housing.

I thought maybe the "chugging" was the tranny, but that's not it. The tranny was smoked so needed replacing anyway.

I'll try to explain what its doing this way. If you ever had a gas motor with a burnt exhaust valve or bad plug wire and at idle or just off idle (to about 1700 rpm) it chugs or doesn't run smoothly. Above that it seems to run pretty well. The injectors are a bit noisy and the balance rates are not perfect, but within specs the last I checked.

Some are suspecting injectors and I'm getting tired of throwing money at it. I'd like to know what it is so I can be sure it is fixed when I do throw money at it. If it's injectors I'll replace them but if I can't be sure, then I may go donor motor LLY swap with LB7 turbo and FCIM.

My first diesel and I'm learning fast, but it's not cheap.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DXB, Thanks for the advice. I have auto enginuity on my laptop. I'm new to operating it so what kind of data might you like to see? I assume that the audio portion of the video is really what you would be focusing on? Happy to give it a shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts