Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 kokiak has 2 aux power ports to the right of the radio (factory). and the one cig lighter above the e-brake to the right of the drivers seat. None of the outlets are working and I have check all fuse in the cab and under the hood, all are good. Need :help on how to fix this problem

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
You 100% positive you checked every fuse inside and outside the cab? If it's not a fuse, then you most likely had wires cut somewhere.... power goes from battery to wires to fuse box to destination... it's gotta be either a fuse or cut wires.. Me personally I would check the fuses one last time....I"m talking every single one...then I would take a power tester and start from the cig lighter and keep following it back poking the wire until you find where it's losing power.

·
Registered
74 Posts
do you have a test light? check for power after the fuse ... just because the fuse looks ok does not always mean that it is. If they are then you need to start back tracking start at the power coming into the outlet its self then work backwards ... once you find were the power is and is not ... replace that leg of the wire and all shall be ... DO NOT forget to check your grounds as well that can cause them to stop working ... if all power and ground is fine the the outlet in question is bad ... but i doubt that they all went out at once

·
Registered
44 Posts
hate to thread jack but how do you take out the receptacle? any way to do it without having to remove the dash?

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
im telling you its a fuse on my truck i had one of the cig lighter ports not work and when i tried to scan a code one day at oriellys it wouldnt work and the dude said check the cig lighter fuse and it was bad. changed it and it has worked ever since and i was able to read the code

1 - 5 of 5 Posts