Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the circumference of a stock tire that came on 07 LBZ? Whoever put the edge in my truck didnt ever enter the tire sizes for speedo recalc.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, one more question. I havent learned a whole lot about the edge juice yet and just wondering if this will only change the display on the juice or will it change the ecm for my actual spedometer on the truck to read correctly?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I would not trust a tire size calculator.

Each tire company makes their tires a little different and have different heights.

If you look up your tire on summit, jegs, or the manufactor's website, you can get the exact height.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Or if you want it right on, put a piece of tape on the tire and and on the ground, then drive one full rotation forward then mark the distance. Divide by pie to get the dia.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The Edge Juice module only displays the correct speed on the attitude display, IIRC!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Or if you want it right on, put a piece of tape on the tire and and on the ground, then drive one full rotation forward then mark the distance. Divide by pie to get the dia.
divide by apple pie or pumpkin pie?

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
C=πR²

measure from the center to outside to find radius then multiply pi (3.14) by the radius squared (radius x radius)

that should give circ.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
stuff in green is your Circumference..the stuff in red will get you diameter but he doesn't need diameter...you can just measure diameter easier than your way

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Here is a novel idea guys with absolutely no I repeat NO CALCULATIONS NEEDED!!!!!

How you ask...well you just cop a squat right here kiddos while I drop some knowledge on yo bitch asses.

Get a piece of rope, lay it on the ground where you can drive over it with a tire and it pointed the same direction as the tire is going, wrap said piece of rope around tire, cut it where the two ends intersect and VIOLA circumference, drive off rope and measure....FK'N MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
This should be your face after you realize how retardedly easy my method is

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'd prefer the "go to website and look it up" method.

Requires less effort and moving around and such....

and I can still play on the interwebz while i do it.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
understandable Dan, its what I do because you really have to be off alot for it to make a difference.

Going by tire size is easy...but also this is a quick, poormans way of getting circumference without having to consult anything.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
but it requires math

I'm asian, and not even I like doing math.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
but it requires math

I'm asian, and not even I like doing math.
It's not like it complex equations, or calculus...this is simple stuff you should have learned in 4-6th grade depending on your states curriculum ( figuring circumference with radius & pie)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts