Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read alot on here about the reason to block the egr, so I just ordered my blocker plate from Jess n 'em at Husker Diesel. I have 75K on my lmm (have used Edge Race for the last 7k w/ dpf delete pipe) I saw some pics on here of buildup. My ? is, What should I take apart & clean while installing the blocker plate? Does anything need cleaning or will it eventually begin to break apart and sorta clean itself after blocking?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think BG makes an aditve that is supose to help
Hey thanks. I see they have an air intake system cleaner and an induction system cleaner. Any idea which to use? Has anyone here used either of these?

·
Registered
592 Posts
that stuff works really good

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I found the BG244. Have ya'll used it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im pretty sure god himself tightened the bolts on my egr
Yea from what I've read I'm gonna need a pretty long 12mm ratcheting wrench to make the job alittle easier.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Never used any of there products. Is there a good place to order them online. The only place that is local sells the 244 for $50 a qt. Which I think is a little high

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How would that help? It goes in the fuel...
Yea, I guess it would have to be used before the blocker plate is installed to get to where it needs to clean. Right?:confused:

·
Banned
17,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The parts that need to be cleaned out are the intake manifold, y bridge, intake runners, and heads.

Neither of these would benefit from running BG 244.

The only way to get rid of the oily soot is time, and Water meth (or any injection like that) will speed up the time it takes to clean the engine out on its own. Otherwise running these parts thru a parts washer will be the only quick way to kill the soot buil up

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Ohh sorry I hadn't ever heard of BG 244, I looked it up and found fuel addative.... I just figured thats what yall were talking about.
My bad

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The parts that need to be cleaned out are the intake manifold, y bridge, intake runners, and heads.

Neither of these would benefit from running BG 244.

The only way to get rid of the oily soot is time, and Water meth (or any injection like that) will speed up the time it takes to clean the engine out on its own. Otherwise running these parts thru a parts washer will be the only quick way to kill the soot buil up
So if the blocker plate is installed, Will the buildup eventually start breaking down on it's on and be released through the exhaust?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BG DOC part# 11232 (on bgprod.com). Is this it?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts