Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
So thanks to this site I got the intermittent steering shaft replaced and also thanks to this site I found out about the upgraded version of the shaft. The master mechanic said I can’t take anything I find on the forums seriously. He called today and said well you were right again lol. Gotta love the internet. I hope this new part fixes it because it’s quite annoying
Do you have any details like part numbers or reference number so my dealer can get it fixed the first time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
DRW HC THUMPER
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Do you have any details like part numbers or reference number so my dealer can get it fixed the first time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not have the p/n but I will ask them when I pick up the truck in a few days. There is a post on here somewhere talking about the updated part

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
147 Posts
Is this updated part number available yet or they still using the old one?
Not trying to be a smart ass, but it says right on the tsb that it is still the old part number.
There was talk awhile ago, that a new part should be available with the 2022 release, so some time in July or later, if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
The updated shaft is on the streets. I had mine replaced again today and confirmed with the service writer that I was getting the updated version. I live a mile down a gravel road and over three cattle guards so it shouldn’t take long to prove itself.

I think this is the new part number but it doesn’t work yet on any of the gm parts sites that I tried to look it up on.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
147 Posts
The updated shaft is on the streets. I had mine replaced again today and confirmed with the service writer that I was getting the updated version. I live a mile down a gravel road and over three cattle guards so it shouldn’t take long to prove itself. View attachment 1088543
I think this is the new part number but it doesn’t work yet on any of the gm parts sites that I tried to look it up on. View attachment 1088545
Nice! Thanks for the new part number, keep us updated on how it lasts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
How sad. I had this exact same problem in my 2002 Silverado 2500HD, and now here it is almost 2 decades later and GM is still wasting time and money fixing this design flaw. That's pretty pathetic.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts