Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how hard it is to replace the clock spring in te steering wheel?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Not to bad just a ton of wires to plug into

·
Registered
50 Posts
it's pretty easy to do you need to set ur steering wheel at 12 oclock then us a pick to release the airbage by pushing them into the holes on both sides of the steering wheel and pulling the bag away from the wheel. Then unplug the bag and set it to the side. you will remove the airbag by pushing in on the wiring connector and turning 90 degrees clockwise. take of the bolts on the horn contact bars and set aside. From there remove the bolt holding the steering wheel and mark the steering wheel with the line in the steering shaft so u can match it up on the install. Yank a couple times and the seering wheel will come off. From there take off the steering column covers the dash front cover, knee bolster, and gauge cluster. From there just follow the plugs and remove all. then time for install of new clock it can only go on one way and is already aligned.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya was pretty easy. Only headache was getting the steering wheel off, might be because it smacked me in the head when yanked it off. Lol.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
50 Posts
Haha yeah that will do it everytime good to hear u got it done though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts