Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 2500HD SLT with Navigation. When the radio is off, the time would show up in the center of the screen. When the radio is on, the time is displayed in the right corner. I disconnected the batteries to work on the front airbag sensor. After I was done, I reconnected the batteries and noticed that the clock on the screen does not display. When I try to set the time, nothing shows up. Everything was working before I disconnected the batteries. Anyone have this issue in the past?

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
I have a 2008 2500HD SLT with Navigation. When the radio is off, the time would show up in the center of the screen. When the radio is on, the time is displayed in the right corner. I disconnected the batteries to work on the front airbag sensor. After I was done, I reconnected the batteries and noticed that the clock on the screen does not display. When I try to set the time, nothing shows up. Everything was working before I disconnected the batteries. Anyone have this issue in the past?
my guess would be that there is a default setting for the clock which is off, and you need to go into the settings and turn the clock on, since losing power reset the radio memory, but the bulk of my radio experience is throwing factory radios away and installing aftermarkets so 'dunno;

losing memory should not have damaged anything, so its almost certainly a setting you need to find.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was a setting as well, but I cannot find it in the menu system. When I try to set the clock, it does not display anything. The other weird part is that I did not loose any of the presets on the radio.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Its a common problem, my 2008 suburban has the issue as well. The clock has some link to the GPS that causes the time to go out from what I read online... so its possibly a bad GPS unit or wire between the two systems. I've tried all sequences of resets with fuses etc... my next step is to attempt accessing the BCM with autoenginuity software to see if I can reset something that way. So frustrating.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this. Will have to try it tonight.

On the touchscreen, select the MENU button, when the screen changes, touch the lower left corner and hold until the PIN screen appears. Now enter the PIN code 295660, touch NEXT PAGE, then SET TIME. Here’s a video that shows how to do it:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The procedure above worked like a champ. When I got into the SET TIME area, the time was set to the year 2000. I entered the GMT time, not my local time, and all is well. It must be tied to the GPS somehow since it wanted the GMT time.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I found this. Will have to try it tonight.

On the touchscreen, select the MENU button, when the screen changes, touch the lower left corner and hold until the PIN screen appears. Now enter the PIN code 295660, touch NEXT PAGE, then SET TIME. Here’s a video that shows how to do it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Btlu6CBeJQs#
Worked for me! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been trying to figure out how to fix my 2011 clock also. Quit working when I changed battery. Thanks for posting fix.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I did that with mine it worked but one hour off. can we put it to EST somehow?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Worked again... thanks, love this forum

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
I had to do this a couple of months back after having the batteries disconnected for a couple of hours. Works great with the PIN.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
Mine quit working after disconnecting both batteries installing my DHD cold side intake.
My dealer suggested that I’d need to buy a new Nav/radio about $2k, if the clock being off bothered me.
I internet searched and found what was posted earlier on page 1, this worked like a charm and it only cost me about 2 min of my own labor to get my clock on the right track again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts