Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one got rid of there clutch fan? I read that Flex-a-lite has a dual electric fan kit that will give you 27 hp.The price is a little high though. I know my fan on my truck is extremely annoying.

·
Registered
310 Posts
be carefull with this mod can cause major destruction from over heating espesially on the lly which alreadry has an overheating issue. if you read the bottom of some of the kits they say not recomended for vehicles that haul hevy loads uuhhh ? (duramax) and vehicles that are run at higher horsepower levels for extended periods of time. once again the duramax. whould stick with your stock fan works just fine.

p.s. if your lly overheats and is under waranty gm has a fix, new air box air deflectors etc. the air box is cool its the donaldson box off a lbz.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Be very careful, all of the info I have seen is these electric conversions do not have the capacity to cool the Dmax. I would look for power elsewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts