Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys lets rally this one....few weeks ago everything cool...was getting 300-330 per tank of fuel....got new tires same size as before (285/75/16) on stock rims and no lift....drove to indiana...mileage went to 250 per tank....no codes nothing....well was driving forty miles and abs and park brake light go on..with service brake system....pulled codes and got c0055. bought a new speed sensor....so do i need a to get abs module rebuilt now....what about the horrible fuel mileage. thanks in advance.

:help

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
no isea, unless your parking brake is dragging

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope checked all the easy stuff...this thing is throwing me for a real doozie....was hoping some seasoned veterans would chime in...

·
Registered
407 Posts
speed sensor is the root of all your problems. Computer reads truck speed via speed sensor to tell abs in event of panic stop how much brake force to apply, also speed sensor and air flow and or map sensor to adjust fuel and air ratio. So once you install sensor and clear codes you should go back to normal. Atleast it did with my truck last year. Same problems same symptons.:drink

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so when i had the genisys hooked up to it to monitor codes and info..the datastream read that at a standstill all three sensors were reading 3mph...this was with the bullydog program installed...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i changed the rear speed sensor and have checked the hubs.....no better...the speed sensor had some wear marks on the pickup area...maybe a t-case with some slop?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts