Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a code reader for my 06 2500HD 4x4.
Which unit is the most preferred by Forum users??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know about what's prefered on these forums, But as a GM Tech. As inexpensive as the Tech 2's are now. That's the way I would go. I had one I was using at my home garage and updated it to an MDI when they became available with Tech 2 win.But sometimes even tech2win will not let you do everything that the Tech 2 will. I have been thinking about buying another tech 2 because of the screen being discolored on mine. But it still works.

Again, Tech 2 is the way to go unless you plan on doing something with aftermarket as well or anything past 2013.

I don't think I can link on here yet so just check Amazon or Ebay. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The one that's in your truck when you are having problems! I use Blue Driver. Seems to read all the computer modules, clears codes, gives you live data, freeze frame data, TPMS resets, Oil light reset, etc. Cost is about $100 and works with either IOS or android phones. There are other, more capable units out there, but they cost more. You pretty much get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have used Blue Driver as well. It will actually let you do a lot of stuff the cheaper code readers will not. See more data and even do some ABS/Body control stuff.

·
Registered
50 Posts
what body control can it adjust?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts