Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I am new to diesels but have been a gas hole mechanic for years, several engine builds, so if my terminology isn't exactly correct let me know. I have a 16 LML and I am going to be deleting the EGR (Tune & blocker plates) as well as DPF ( Pipe delete). I am going to be adding EFI live. My question is: Should I see any engine lights after install or will the AutoCal take care of this. I think I have what I need to do this the correct way for my purposes. Daily driver and hardly ever will I get off the tow tune. May turn it up to 100 just to do the occasional burnout for the hell of it but not leave it there. I am leaving the stock exhaust as much as possible as I want the option of going back stock. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is. Appreciate the response.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Do both one right after the other without starting the truck. It will be fine.

One piece of advice, put a battery charger on your truck battery before you start loading the tune. IF the battery is low and craps out while the tune is loading it can wreck your ECM.

The charger is just good insurance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.