Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago on the way home from work, my truck began getting sluggish and then when I pulled up to the house and stopped, the engine was running pretty rough. At this point I did not have any codes.

Before I turned it off, I gave it some throttle and noticed some black smoke. So this made me think it was a boost issue. I checked (by hand & ear) for a leak and could not find anything. I checked the coolant & oil fill for issues, none. I changed the OE fuel filter, no change. I wiggled the wires and plugs on all the injectors, nothing. At this point, I have a little bit of white smoke with maybe a hint of unburned fuel. I gave it some more throttle and then I got the codes P0046 & P0307. I replaced the VGT Solenoid, no change & codes came back.

So, my question is, could my vanes be stuck?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple days ago on the way home from work, my truck began getting sluggish and then when I pulled up to the house and stopped, the engine was running pretty rough. At this point I did not have any codes.

Before I turned it off, I gave it some throttle and noticed some black smoke. So this made me think it was a boost issue. I checked (by hand & ear) for a leak and could not find anything. I checked the coolant & oil fill for issues, none. I changed the OE fuel filter, no change. I wiggled the wires and plugs on all the injectors, nothing. At this point, I have a little bit of white smoke with maybe a hint of unburned fuel. I gave it some more throttle and then I got the codes P0046 & P0307. I replaced the VGT Solenoid, no change & codes came back.

So, my question is, could my vanes be stuck?
I guess another question would be if the vane position sensor could do this?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
1st thing i found when googling P0047:
The P0047 code is a low voltage code on the solenoid control circuit. It more than likely means the wiring is broken somewhere. The turbo has nothing to do with this code.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st thing i found when googling P0047:
The P0047 code is a low voltage code on the solenoid control circuit. It more than likely means the wiring is broken somewhere. The turbo has nothing to do with this code.
I hate broken wires. The wire to the solenoid has always had a kinda of a crease in it. It would be nice though to have a broken wire, as far as money is concerned.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had my balance rates checked...#7 injector is dead in the water...#2 is real close to .0...the other 6 are all about -3.0

Gonna replace the whole set. I knew it was coming, just didn't want to have to do it right now. Gonna go with S&S.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts