Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I removed the cooler, and the EGR intake yesterday. I replaced it with a hight flow charge pipe. And now I'm getting these codes. From what I see they have to do with the grid heater witch is now gone. When removing the intake are these plugs, and leads for the gride heater supposed relocated elsewhere.
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
so i have the same codes constantly coming up on an LML, but i never deleted the intake air heater (heater is still intact and from my understanding of the tune, the tune was not to delete the intake air heater, only EGR/DPF)

not sure why I'm getting these codes and what to do to rectify.
any ideas where to look?

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,519 Posts
So I removed the cooler, and the EGR intake yesterday. I replaced it with a hight flow charge pipe. And now I'm getting these codes. From what I see they have to do with the grid heater witch is now gone. When removing the intake are these plugs, and leads for the gride heater supposed relocated elsewhere.
Thanks
Tuning is needed to turn off these codes. You will end up with egr codes as well. If you got tuning to go along with the egr delete, then you need to get with your tuner to turn the intake heater codes off as well.

so i have the same codes constantly coming up on an LML, but i never deleted the intake air heater (heater is still intact and from my understanding of the tune, the tune was not to delete the intake air heater, only EGR/DPF)

not sure why I'm getting these codes and what to do to rectify.
any ideas where to look?
If your intake heater is still there and hooked up, and is not tuned to be gone, you very well could have a bad intake heater... diagnosis is needed to find out for sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts