Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post.
Driving around 300 per day pulling a 5th wheel. On the third day, after stopping about 3 hours and unhooking, when I started engine got CEL. Performance has been and continues to be good. 13.5 mpg towing. Read code and was P2493. Cleared code. Next 300 miles no CEL. Stopped for night. Next day started truck, CEL with codes P2493 &P140A. Dealer said EGR has to be changed, could start limited my speed and mine is not a VIN that’s covered. $2800. Called GM and confirmed VIN not covered. 900 miles from home and this happens. 2011 LML stock with 102k miles. Brother’s truck sitting in NC with 72k and same codes and not covered. Already had Nox sensors changed, DEF tank changed and now this. GM needs to cover all 2011’s for this. Will look hard before buying another GM. Rant over. Vacation ruined, wallet empty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is my first post.
Driving around 300 per day pulling a 5th wheel. On the third day, after stopping about 3 hours and unhooking, when I started engine got CEL. Performance has been and continues to be good. 13.5 mpg towing. Read code and was P2493. Cleared code. Next 300 miles no CEL. Stopped for night. Next day started truck, CEL with codes P2493 &P140A. Dealer said EGR has to be changed, could start limited my speed and mine is not a VIN that’s covered. $2800. Called GM and confirmed VIN not covered. 900 miles from home and this happens. 2011 LML stock with 102k miles. Brother’s truck sitting in NC with 72k and same codes and not covered. Already had Nox sensors changed, DEF tank changed and now this. GM needs to cover all 2011’s for this. Will look hard before buying another GM. Rant over. Vacation ruined, wallet empty.

Im in the same boat now. My 2011 lml 2500 is at the dealer and they want over $3k to fix it. Called GM customer care and they tell me no coverage. Directed me to talk to the Customer Relations magager at the dealership. Of course she has gone home for the day. Frustrating. Same exact problem as many other lml owners but certain VINs dont get the special coverage. Doesn't make sense to me. I've had the 9th injector replaced, DEF tank, DEF heater, NOX and glow plugs replaced. So why would I spend 3k just to have to bring it back in a number of years to have them replace the EGR again.... I need to tune or sell I guess. Its frustrating because I love the truck runs great looks great....

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I can't speak directly to the situation on your truck, but just because replacement items fit and do the job, doesn't mean replacement parts are the same as the original ones that failed.

Manufacturers (and their suppliers) hate warranty work and it's associated costs, so it's common for failed items to be reviewed for possible design update and/or manufacturing process updates.

LML 'community' knows of some updates/changes that were made to the LML after 2011.
There are likely others as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts