Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my experience with Cognito Braces.. WTF
I just put these on my truck about a month ago. This is what happened. Regular driving. About 1000 miles +/-

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
the drama.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pics are up now

·
Registered
332 Posts
what was you doing when they broke

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just noticed last night when I crawled under it. I havn't been beating on it since I got them. No wheelin. No 4x4 launches. Just normal driving

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Looks like you lost the nut that holds the heim on and the heim is gone. Whe installed them?

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Wait...this is a CST 6" ...they bind against the center link on a CST. You bound up and tore it off.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that sucks. It looks like it hit the steering shock. Wish I would have know this before I bought them.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Some guys say they "Make" them work and I have contested it on other forums but as we see it is not cut and dry and must be cycled to make sure proper clearance is there for no bind. I will ADD CST 6" to my list of what the braces should not be used on. Where did you purchase these from? You are close to us.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got them from Mike at DMAX Store. So you think they could be warrantied?

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
You would have to get with Mike, not sure if he is a direct authorized dealer for this product so not sure what he can make happen. Best to check with him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts