Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am wrapping up the install of a 4-6” Cognito lift kit and noticed that my drivers side uca is rough 1/4” to 1/2” away from the bump stop and on the passenger side the uca is resting on the bump stop. I noticed this while the truck is on jack stands so the suspension is a full droop.
What could be causing this and which side is correct.
Could this be from one of the torsion bar installed wrong or that the truck is out of alignment?

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
2,360 Posts
Probably the one shock extends a tad longer than the other. I wouldn’t worry about it.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
I have leveling on mine and the passenger side is the same as yours...

with the truck level left to right as measured by hub to fender, ground to fender and ground to air dam corners.. my passanger side control arm is way closer to its droop stop than drivers...

GM obviously has a defective welding jig for the frame.. and they have never bothered to correct it.. as it seems standard to everyone I talked to with the same platform...

·
Registered
914 Posts
I’d get it under its own weight before I worried about it. A torsion bar not in there correctly could definitely cause issue. You’ll know it when you sit it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
I’d get it under its own weight before I worried about it. A torsion bar not in there correctly could definitely cause issue. You’ll know it when you sit it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
has nothing to do with springs or settling

when the truck is level.. the droop stop on the passenger side is closer to the arm IE less droop available..

on everyones I know...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The position of the alignment cams makes a difference also..
See what it looks like after the alignment..

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
The position of the alignment cams makes a difference also..
See what it looks like after the alignment..
mine is like that after alignment...

again.. with the truck perfectly level...

easily fit pencil with room to spare on drivers side... drags and barely fits under passenger side..

same on my friends trucks as well...

if you try and make the spacing equal between droop stops the truck will lean noticeably to the passenger side

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.