Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first purchase will likely be a Stage 4(per this forum, 5 per his current site) from NorCal.

I was wondering, how this effects the rear suspension? Will I need blocks, or anything else to complete the look for true level look?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
nope no blocks for the rear, with the stage 4 it will sit level.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Do you have air bags?

If not, then I would get them or get a block for the rear. The reason I say that is because of the 5th wheel in you sig. I had mine completely level, and liked it until the first time I hauled my 5th wheel. I am not a fan of the rear being lower than the front when hauling, I will leave the tail draging to the Furds folks:drink

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have air bags?

If not, then I would get them or get a block for the rear. The reason I say that is because of the 5th wheel in you sig. I had mine completely level, and liked it until the first time I hauled my 5th wheel. I am not a fan of the rear being lower than the front when hauling, I will leave the tail draging to the Furds folks:drink
Any rec's on the right set of blocks, I had air bags on my half ton and was hoping to avoid that bill on this truck...

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Do you have air bags?

This is true...

Any rec's on the right set of blocks, I had air bags on my half ton and was hoping to avoid that bill on this truck...
If you don't want helper bags then a 1"-1.5" rear block can be added but then your truck will not be level when it has no extra weight on it. Best of both worlds and sitting level would be best with helper bags.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
ya if your going for a stage 4 kit the extra 300 or so bucks for a set of bags should not hurt you that bad.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya if your going for a stage 4 kit the extra 300 or so bucks for a set of bags should not hurt you that bad.
You are right there.

NorCal Nick, do you have a set of bags that you could throw in a package for me? or some good suggestions of which bags? I only tow the trailer about once a month.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is true...

If you don't want helper bags then a 1"-1.5" rear block can be added but then your truck will not be level when it has no extra weight on it. Best of both worlds and sitting level would be best with helper bags.
Can I do all this myself at home? I have a floor jack and a pretty good set of tools. No air tools though. I had Airbags on my half ton, but had them installed. I know that I'll need the alignment after the leveling kit is done.

Thanks again,

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
All this you are asking about is very DIYer friendly. It comes with the install sheets so you are good to go.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
ya i got lift leafs and air bags on mine. i cant stand how most look leveled becasue the front does sit higher then the rear and it looks funny. ya then when towing its really bad. i just the lift leafs to keep it up and the bags for addes spring when towing. works nicely. i did space my bags down 1 inch though with the add a leaf in the rear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts