Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking around the forum posts it does not look like spending alot of extra cash on a cognito lift is worth it so I think I'm going with a ZONE.

Right now I have the Cognito UCA kit in the truck to level it. I'm running 285/75R17's (33.5") on the stock rims and have done the norcal small fender mod. I do a little towing but not much.

I'd like to run 35's and I'm not afaid to do the norcal large fender mod. I'm pretty sure I want the 6" lift.

My questions are:
Anyone else running a ZONE with the Cognito UCA? If so what did you need to do, anything special I need to know?

Also what would I need for rear blocks? 4" or 3"??

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I inquired about this to zone a few weeks ago and the tech support told me the cognito uca work with their lifts no problem.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
64 Posts
im runnin cognito UCAS with a zone 6" on my LBZ w/no problems. And as far as blocks go, the zone comes with 5" non tapered blocks I switched to tapered blocks for better pinion angle, but that's it

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about end track width? How much did the front end width get increased? I'm trying to go with 305's or 295's to keep the tires as skinny as possible so they fit in the wheelwell and don't stick out past the fenders. I know I can run flairs but I really don't want to.

I read somewhere that I can run more backspace on a 20" rim to help solve that problem, how is that possible?

·
Registered
64 Posts
front width increased about 2"

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I'm also running the zone lift with a bunch of cognito goodies. No problems what so ever.
My complaint with the zone lift tho is that I need new rear shocks after a year and a half (60,000km) as one doesn't even rebound anymore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts