Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the parts for a while now. I was waiting for my mechanic buddy to install the parts. He is too busy and I am looking for a local shop to do the work. Cognitto UCA's, bilstein front shocks, pitman / idler arm braces & tie rod sleeves. I don't have the time/ tools or know how to do the job myself. The first place I called quoted me $650 with alignment. That seems pretty high! I'd like to here from guys that had a shop do theirs to see what you paid.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's not hard at all, why not do it yourself?

For what you would spend on labor, you could buy the necessary tools and have hundreds left over. That equates to more money for mods!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
You mentioned not having the time or tools, do you happen to have any df members anywhere nearby that would be down for an install day? I know I'm always more than willing to lend a hand/ tools for some beers and pizza or something

Definitely NOT sent from my iPhone while jumping on a trampoline wearing a banana hammock..

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Sure ^^ as he says... Help the brother out. Don't pay a shop you can find someone up there to help you???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Basic tools can do the job.

However, 2-3 hrs would be a start for most shops. Go to a good shop that knows front ends and suspension. A good alignment shop can do the install as well. Remember to save your instructions (in the back the new alignment specs are listed).

Best of luck and keep us posted.

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
If you got fields full of geese i'll road trip up and I think we can work something out...HAHA but it really isnt hard!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts