Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Duramax 2500 and was looking at coilover conversion kits. Upon my research so far I have found that the tallest kit is the BDS kit that goes up to 6.5 inches. I need a total lift of 8-9 inches in the front so I was wondering if anyone knows of a kit that can help me achieve that or can direct me to someone that has done it. Thanks!

·
Registered
667 Posts
just curious why you need your total lift to be 8-9 inches? The BDS kit allows to fit 37s as per their website, which most likely means 38s arent an issue in the real world

·
Administrator
16,852 Posts
I agree that if you want that much lift you should look at doing a solid axle swap, unfortunately with big lifts IFS engineering becomes much more complicated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you got any sas questions feel free to ask me if done few dozen of them including the 15-19 models. Working on the 20+ models now just trying to get past there new abs set up they did

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the responses. The reasoning behind wanting an 8-9 inch lift is because we are trying to fit 40x15.5s. We are using a 2015 Duramax chassis and are using the body of a G Wagon so it needs a slightly different lift for 40s. Also, we wanted to stay with the IFS for the sake of a smoother ride so I will most likely go with a traditional 8-9 inch torsion lift rather than solid axle swapping. Right now I'm leaning towards the CST 8-10" lift

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can make it ride as smooth or better then ifs FYI. Shock tuning suspension radius goes a long ways. A lot of misconceptions on sas being rough

·
Administrator
16,852 Posts
You can make an SAS ride great, just requires a lot more money than a cheap solid axle lift.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have good history with FTS (full throttle suspension) and their kits. Limitless options and customizable. I wouldn't say they are well suited for crazy off-road use, although i did some mud and a little rock stuff without issue. They have some extreme kits where you can fit crazy setups. Their 9-11" gave my 03 clearance for 38x13.5 toyos on 22x12s

(My cousin put all the window decals on when i sold it to him )

Reactions: Ron505

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've got that kit on my 2019 2500 and the 37s barely fit if you have AMP steps. They hit the steps if you hit a bump at full turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts