Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up guys, I'm in between S&b vs banks?? Besides price is there any difference? Sound? More turbo whistle? More flow? I have a 2015 HIGHCOUNTRY 6.6L with lift pump, tunes and straight pipe turbo back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I meant S&B vs banks.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
just price really because as we all know an intake doesnt really add power to these trucks under 500hp. just better mileage and better throttle response. id say just get the s&b

·
Registered
445 Posts
S&B. Unless you have major plans for the truck (like 800WHP).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the s&b, it was an easy install. Noticed a slightly louder turbo whistle, nothing major. And you can hear that typical intake suction sound. Didn't seem like it did too much performance wise before I got my tune, but I
did notice a little better in fuel mileage. Maybe .2-.5 mpg more than what I was getting

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Another vote for S&B....may not be any real gains, but it's eye candy for sure. :rof

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys, I'll call S&B to make sure it would fit the 2015 model. ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just put an aFe Power Stage II on mine this afternoon. I can notice the turbo whistle a little more now, but as far as millage I cant tell just yet. Will have to give it a few more miles to see how it performs.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
When i get an intake for my LBZ i am going to get an s&b.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
S&B with the Donaldson Powercore G2 filter....:thumb

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I removed my Volant with the Donaldson to go with the S&B. I am really pleased with everything about the S&B. I have the dry filter and filter wrap.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I removed my Volant with the Donaldson to go with the S&B. I am really pleased with everything about the S&B. I have the dry filter and filter wrap.

Just curious, why would you remove the Donaldson for the S&B when the Donaldson filters and flows better.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Because I sell different brands and I want to be able to give customers real world information instead of just manufacturer's claims. The volant had 55k miles on it and the 100k mile Donaldson Filter. It is a good CAI, I just sell a bunch of S&B. I wanted to know why, they are the best intake on the market for the Money.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Because I sell different brands and I want to be able to give customers real world information instead of just manufacturer's claims. The volant had 55k miles on it and the 100k mile Donaldson Filter. It is a good CAI, I just sell a bunch of S&B. I wanted to know why, they are the best intake on the market for the Money.

Fair enough. I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I didn't realize you could get a donaldson into an S&B…thought Volant was the only one that would accept that filter….good to know.
Yep, I put the Donaldson into my S&B intake box. Let me know if you want the part number. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.