Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a specter cold air intake last night. Ran great going to work about 18 miles but just before I got home I started losing throttle response. No check engine light and all gauges read normal. Sitting in driveway I can rev it up no problem but going down the road it's just not acting right. My neighbor said that it's possible the truck has to re learn with the new intake. Any one else have this issue. 2004 LB7

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,735 Posts
If it was a bigger intake the MAF sensor may have to be rescaled with a tune adjustment.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
So I installed a specter cold air intake last night. Ran great going to work about 18 miles but just before I got home I started losing throttle response. No check engine light and all gauges read normal. Sitting in driveway I can rev it up no problem but going down the road it's just not acting right. My neighbor said that it's possible the truck has to re learn with the new intake. Any one else have this issue. 2004 LB7

Check your MAF. Sometimes new filters are over oiled, and will get filter oil on the MAF.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. It's not an oiled filter. I will check on the intake size difference.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Thanks for the input. It's not an oiled filter. I will check on the intake size difference.

You may still want to take the MAF sensor out and clean it, it just takes a little MAF /MAP cleaning spray to do the job. It doesent take much to cause those sensors to read wrong and no filter is perfect. Its something you should do from time to time anyway so nothing to be lost by trying it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Changed out the fuel filter. Don't think it had been changed in quite some time by the former owner. Also cleaned the MAF, and did a master reset by disconnecting the batteries and touching the positive and negative cables together for 30 sec. Runs amazing now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts