Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's been getting colder here the truck will start right up in the morning, run for a couple seconds then die. When I go to turn it back on it just cranks and cranks until it starts to kill the battery. Once it gets warmer outside it starts up and is fine the rest of the day. It can't be the diesel when the weather is only getting to 30 degrees at night, right? I just changed the fuel filter and it's still doing it. I would think glow plugs but it wouldn't start right up if it were. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like it's not getting fuel. Any ideas???

·
Registered
812 Posts
Look for collapsed fuel lines that runto the fuel filter housing. Could also be the primer pump leaking when it gets cooled down. Just a guess tho.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I would look into the bleeder screw. Mine would do the same shit and my screw was cracked. If it is cracked get an aluminum one from Merchant Automotive IMO.

·
Registered
136 Posts
went to N.C. over the weekend and was high 30s out and my truck did the same thing.
came home to FL. and it started up no problem here in the morning. sounds like i have the same problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have a new screw on there and still does the same thing. I figured it it is losing prime overnight and if I prime it in the morning it's good to go. But if the temp gets below 30ish, there is no starting it. I am guessing it's something with the filter housing. I didn't see any collapsed fuel lines. Did you figure anything out strokin24s?

·
Registered
136 Posts
since I've been back in FL. mine hasn't done it.
I will be going back to N.C. this month and we will see.
I did notice when we used the primer pump our hands did smell like diesel
may have a small air leak there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yea change the screw and report back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts