Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 5 weeks ago I changed all 8 injectors on my 04 LB7. When I discovered some other issues I had a local shop replace the head gasket. I'm away for work all the time so I the last time I was home the outside temp was in the mid 40s.

Now that I'm home again and the temp has dropped to the lower 20s my truck really fights starting. (It takes two attempts now with the autostart) I have never had a problem starting her over the years but now it seems like the truck is 100% warm blooded. My first thought was that I may have a glow plug issue but I'm not having any codes thrown.

Any ideas on where I can go from here on trouble shooting? A friend of mine did suggest that maybe when they did the reinstall the rail was screwed up causing it to lose pressure. Having a warm blooded truck in Alaska really doesn't work out to well and as the temp drops further into winter I'm sure the problem will only get worse.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If it were me I would check to make sure that I wasn't loosing fuel prime. That will make the truck seem a little cold blooded when its not always the true cause. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
See if it helps to pump the primer before you start it.

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Ill be curious to see the remedy here. I haven't had that issue but I have a friend who is having a similar issue with his 05. Injectors a year old, no codes, everything is decent but its cold blooded.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Also, make sure they reconnected everything on the glow plug system since the heads were removed.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Try starting it not using the remote start and see if there is any difference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts