Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...here I go AGAIN. Typical winter Temps. here are about 0-36F. By Winter I plan on have a PPE Tuner and running the 90HP setting all the time if it gives me better mileage and won't overheat my truck. On my DIC I have an Elevated Idle setting that is currently turned off. What temperatures should I be turning this option on? And how long should I be letting my truck "warm up" for until I move it? I run Stanadyne Conditioner every tank...so I'm not worried about Gelling. And I have the engine plug....will I need to use that? Any winter advice would be great. And the reason I mention the PPE is because will an extra 90HP heat my truck up faster than the 360HP stock?

:toilet

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
well i live in the same region or almost and all i ever do is give it 10min.s elavated idle time on a cold morning(32* or belowe)but if it's really cold such as down to 0* and belowe i will let it idle in the elavated mode for roughly 15min.s before departure..i never used the plug to any on of my diesels and even at it's coldest this winter i never had any trouble starting them in the morning..both are runnin the ppe and as you can see in my sig the one truck is down due to a crash it was in..

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you run your PPE...you run it on the 90HP setting right? If you do....have you ever had your EGTs go to high or have any problems to where you needed to drop down to the 40HP setting?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i never ran the 40hp setting but i never had any trouble with the egt's(some of the highest was 1250* to 1350*)and i have hauled some good size loads..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts