Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Really the only shop I'm aware of in the area is Relentless Diesel Performance in Willis, TX. That's who did my tuning. It's about an hour drive from College Station.
I second that^^^! Chris has a wealth of knowledge as far as diesels and performance and his wife probably knows more about the duramax than you do! Lol Good service, knowledge, and quick turn around on repairs/upgrades! Hell he built my tranny and tuned my truck in 1 1/2 days and no problems or complaints. Needless to say I'm very impressed and would highly recommend them! Plus, when I was running 285's there wasn't any duramax's that could touch mine that I ran across with just a tune or programmer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any of y'all still in the CS area? I'm in school here for another 1 to 1-1/2 years. I'd go out to Sam's but I hate rolling up to something that big without knowing anyone. Seen it from the highway, looks like there's a bunch of nice trucks down there.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Zach, I just added you to our group on Facebook. We're still here, although most of my group has graduated and moved on. The bigger meet is now Friday, but it's too many highschool kids for me. I'll try to make it Thursday if you want to come out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd appreciate that. It's hard to find diesel truck enthusiasts in the A&M engineering dept. they're all into computers and things like that. And lot of the guys I meet are only into their trucks for the basics; exhaust, cai, lift, etc makes it hard to talk about things like twin turbos and built transmissions.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,420 Posts
bring up the conversation of....biggest tire on a stock height truck

and watch the naysayers naysay :D

·
Premium Member
815 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'll be up here till December

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im up there for Aerospace Engineering this year and its hard to find people who speak the same diesel "language" and aren't total asses

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It seems like it got progressively worse throughout my time in College Station (graduated Dec. '14 and moved Jan. '16), but there are still plenty of good guys around. There's a pretty good club that meets at Sam's Club every Friday night. I think my Thursday night club finally fizzled out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I may have to take a peak one of these nights. Just had a lot of occurrences running into jack ass kids who think its cool to smoke at every intersection...kinda gets old

41 - 51 of 51 Posts