Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know you can plasti dip them..... but thats not really what i want to do. i would like to do it once and do it right. how do i do that can i take it to a body man and have him paint it and clear coat where it wont chip or peel? just wondering i dont like messing with the same stuff over and over if theres not a way im not going to do it

·
Registered
14 Posts
dont doubt the power of plasti dip. i did my entire front end with it. has held up all winter with mulitple washes ( including hot water power wash ). my buddy also did his wheels on his 350z and it has held up flawlessly through the rain, snow, salt, sand(due to my broke as# county) etc. ill also add he power washes his wheels bi-weekly along with the rest of the car (emblems are also done).

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
depending on what color scheme your going with... i personally like the painted and cleared versions but its your truck. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
6,215 Posts

I did this with dupli color spray paint and alot of hand sanding..it lasted about a year and then turned to shit.

The only good way to get it to stick IMO is to completely remove all the chrome and have good paint/primer/clear/etc used (like what any good body shop would use, not duplicolor rattle cans)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
mine came factory with the color matched front end and i still get chips. a bottle of touch-up paint from a body shop has become my new best friend. thinking about getting the plastic 3M shit put on it and seeing if that helps.

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
you can look at my thread where i did mine recently. look in my stats and for the post color match bumpers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts