Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i have a lly. It started popping out of gear and reving up randomly and occasionally throwing the P0700 code. It progressively got worse. I've changed the filters on the transmission, ohmed out the solenoids, swapped TCM, changed the output speed sensor, and checked the wires going into the TCM. Everything checked out fine. Now it is throwing pretty much every transmission code from solenoid B stuck off to every gear incorrect ratio. I checked the fluid on the transfer case because 4wd doesn't work either. It was empty. I found and repaired a hole so it would hold fluid but it know it it trash because its not engaging the front drive shaft. I manually put it into 4wd by taking off the actuator and spun the front drive shaft. It was like the gear barely had teeth left. I took it to the dealership and all they said was it needs a new transmission because it has internal problems without driving it a mile. My question is should i replace the transfer case first or can the transmission really be trash even tho it pulls fine but randomly comes out of gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sounds like you've done everything external to diognose th eissue,,, My guess is it's internal components. What did you find in the pan when you did the internal filter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went ahead and replaced the transfer case with a reman from kodiak truck and it hasn't came out of gear in the 100 or so miles I've driven it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts