Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Every so often when I use the factory command start on my truck in the morning, after it has sat all night, it runs for a few seconds then shuts off all by itself. It won't restart with the remote, I have to manually start it. This has been happening more and more often lately, especially on really cold days it seems. It has only done this a few times after work when it's only sat eight hours. Thought maybe fuel filter is losing prime but it only happens now and then. I have a cat filter adapter running a donaldson filter right now, had the adapter on at least a year.

Never had it do this when I start it manually, only ever happens with the remote.

Anybody run into this issue before? Don't really want to take it to the dealer but might need to.

do you have a rough tach signal while running it cold? all aftermarkets look for a tach signal on diesels to know the engine is running. i would think the factory would do the same. if your had an aftermarket system that is the first thing id check.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.