Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Back again with a question about my wife’s truck.

I’m having a real problem with rodents chewing my wires. Here’s the most recent. Can someone ID the component where the wires are attached? It doesn’t look like the wire are completely chewed through.

And what about this thing that looks like a temperature probe?

This is the third time. I bought two rid-a-rat units, one that connected to the battery and a second one that operates on AAs. The rodent chewed through the wires on the first one. So much for a deterrent.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
First one in your inlet nox sensor.

Second one is one of the intake temp sensors.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,484 Posts
X2 to the above

·
Registered
61 Posts
Peppermint spray or mint plants (they're invasive so keep an eye on them) around the shop/garage/parking area. Will keep all kinds of rodents and bugs away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information. Only two strands were still intact in the orange wire so I spliced in a three inch piece Now I’ll research what those two things actually do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found an intake temperature probe for $40. Replacement looks pretty straight forward. One end clicks into a receptacle and the probe screws into the engine. I can’t screw this up, can I?
John

·
Registered
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax
166 Posts
Moth balls inside engine compartment is what I use. Never had a problem with my car sitting in my driveway for a year before I repaired the transmission.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don’t know which one to order. Picture in the first post. Thanks for any and all help. John

Part Number: 129804-05732200
Brand: Standard Motor Products
Notes: Engine Intake Manifold Temperature Sensor -- On Throttle Body

Part Number: 129804-05732201
Brand: Standard Motor Products
Notes: Engine Intake Manifold Temperature Sensor -- Between Intercooler and Throttle Body

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
The best way I know of to choose the correct part # is to use your VIN# on a GM-based website instead of year, make,model. You will get the correct GM/ACDelco part number that way. Once you have that, you can use it to shop for the part price, delivery time, warranty,etc that you are comfortable with. Many, most, of the GM based web sites have pictures of the parts. If not, use the listed part number and go to Google Images and use the images there to find the part that looks like the one you want.

Reactions: jbell1033
1 - 9 of 9 Posts