Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to replace my door speakrs they are component in my front doors do i need to replace them wiht another set of component speakrs or should i just go wiht a 2 or 3 way speaker i plan to run a 4 channel amp to run the front and rear door speakers

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
......bump

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definately go with a set of component speakers. A good pair if seperates will sound better then the best coaxial 2 or 3 way speaker. Especially with an amplifier. Some suggestions for a good set of speakers: Focal, Boston Acoustics, MB Quart, or Diamond Audio. IMHO

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I went with Polk 6 3/4" Component set in my fronts, powered by a 4 channel JL audio amp with a 12" sub in a subthump box under the back seat.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would say go with a JL audio component set you can't go wrong with it may be a little expensive but you will be really happy with them

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I've tried all types of brands from JL to Orion to polk etc... The best set I've found for my truck by far is the RE engineering XXX line. They sound great, are well built and if youu call direrctly and talk with them, yes you can hagle a bit they shipped me mine for $250 a set. and wow. Thats all I can say. I run a memphis amp for my highs and a pioneer Z110bt head unit. And these speakers are amazingly clean.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ive had the same question bout my dads truck, an 07 gmc... asked a profesional replace them with coaxil and leave the tweeter above the woofer in the door there... then you wont need all the extra power for components and they are easier to wire since you just splice them in and then youve got an extra tweeter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts