Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious. i keep hearing about these twin turbo kits for LMMs and such. so are these direct bolt ons? or is there a bunch of engine bay gutting you got to do?

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
I wouldn't say they are direct bolt ons... you need to move some stuff around and change out piping, etc..

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great.so whats a guy lookin at for price complete?

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Well here is are a couple things to think about... IMO....if you are thinking of twins...

1. build the transmission.....
2. consider at least getting 30 to 40 over injectors
3. Lift pump..
4. If you have EFI coming....no sense in paying for tunes twice... because if you buy tunes then get twins, you are paying all over again.

All together a rough ballpark figure for twins..I'm talking parts only... 3500-4000 ish.... with injectors add another 800 or so....tuning another 500.... then labor for all if you are not doing it yourself.

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well not as bad as i thought.did plan on a tranny build first.wife said no EFI till christmas lol .she didnt say i couldnt build my tranny though

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Tranny build...you are looking around 4000-4500 depending who you go to and what kit you get. I would def. 100% build the tranny first.. Me personally, I would do the tranny, lift pump, and EFI live first...then see if you even want twins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts