Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this question regarding out of state trucks into California.
So i am in the process of purchasing a 2019 2500 LT 6.6liter Duramax turbo diesel from a dealership here in California. I had the truck shipped from the state of Texas. The dealer here said that because of California Emissions laws being so different than Texas that there were some chips that had to be replaced and then the truck has to be driven a certain amount of miles before the computer resets. Can anyone tell me how many miles this is? Its taking a lot longer than i expected. Thank You.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hate to say it, but you should have gone out to Texas and get the truck yourself. If you had done that you wouldn't have to worry about the truck meeting CARB regulations. Probably would have saved you a few bucks in the process to boot.

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
867 Posts
Hello everyone. Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this question regarding out of state trucks into California.
So i am in the process of purchasing a 2019 2500 LT 6.6liter Duramax turbo diesel from a dealership here in California. I had the truck shipped from the state of Texas. The dealer here said that because of California Emissions laws being so different than Texas that there were some chips that had to be replaced and then the truck has to be driven a certain amount of miles before the computer resets. Can anyone tell me how many miles this is? Its taking a lot longer than i expected. Thank You.
Howdy Joe!

That doesn’t make sense what dealer is saying..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts