Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tring to understand if the down pipe comes with a turbo back exhaust,:help and if a turbo direct pipe is different

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
Down pipe does not come with a turbo back exhaust. it should be called a down pipe back exhaust

·
Registered
322 Posts
My "Turbo Back Kit" did not come with the down pipe. It bolts to the down pipe.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
It's usually called a front delete pipe when it comes to a turbo back system. Direct pipe are from the turbo to the adapter of the turbo back system.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know diamond eye makes a turbo direct pipe but how are there exhuasts?

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
the down pipe is part of the turbo (yes it removes) but is still considered a trubo part. So a trubo back exhaust as they call it is correct, however can easily be mis-understood.

they should be called "turbo down pipe bacK" kits, but they cut it short lol.

·
Registered
931 Posts
the down pipe is part of the turbo (yes it removes) but is still considered a trubo part. So a trubo back exhaust as they call it is correct, however can easily be mis-understood.
It is a little confusing because for nearly every other application on the planet, turbo back, means... from the turbo... back....

Considering the aftermarket downpipes are sold as "downpipes" .. these kits should be refereed to as downpipe back, not turbo back.

My guess is that since there wasn't an actual downpipe avail right off the bat, they just sold them as "turbo back" because that was the best you could do :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts