Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I finally talked to rob about my truck he told me it was my lift pump not supplying enough fuel. I didn't want to argue with him so I just said ok I'll get a new one. Is what happens is Any time I punch it I get ALOT of smoke for two or three seconds (and my lift pump gauge gets sucked all the way down to 0 psi but still smokes and shows no loss of fuel) and I dot take off until about 20 pounds of boost. Fast time in 1/8 mile is 9.56. 60 was 2.29. In two wheel drive. I don't see how it's a fuel problem when I get nothing but smoke off the line. Smokes more than any other duramax that I've seen on a race tune. Any ideas?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
if your gauge for your lift pump is reading zero....issue one.

Fix that first. Could be as simple as a line almost kinked. What is it reading normally?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
If you don't have enough fuel going to injector then the fuel will not atomize causing access smoke. Basically instead of a mist of fuel your getting big drops.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Subed.................

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Rob know what he is talking about, have you tried changing your filters, checking lines, and/or turning up the pressure on your lift pump?

If your lift pump pressure hits 0 PSI it means you probably have a negative pressure or vacuum from the cp3 sucking fuel.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've turned it up to 30 psi and it will drip
Down to like 15 or 20 when I get on it but still feels the same. Doesn't set me back in my set like other duramaxs

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man bad spelling. Drop* seat*

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Do you have built trans tunes? You might have stock trans tunes?

Datalog your run and send them to Rob or post them up?

How many miles on your filters?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like I put efi on my brother in laws truck and his is a stock lmm and his will try to break em loose from a dead stop no boost. Mine won't do crap except kill every insect around!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have built trans tunes? You might have stock trans tunes?

Datalog your run and send them to Rob or post them up?

How many miles on your filters?
Ya I have built trans I put it in my email when I got my tunes. And for some reason he hasn't got ANY of my emails I sent him which is about 8 or 9. Sent four different data logs filters have maybe 5000 miles on them.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Email me the logs and your full name [email protected].

Have you contacted AirDog to ask why your fuel pressure is dropping to 0 psi? Where is your gauge tied into?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Email me the logs and your full name [email protected].

Have you contacted AirDog to ask why your fuel pressure is dropping to 0 psi? Where is your gauge tied into?
Not yet calling them tomorrow sensor is on the lift pump. I'll send them to you this evening sometime. Wasn't sure what to log other than fuel rail

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Emailed em off my iPhone not sure if it worked let me know if you can't open them I'll do it when I get home.

·
Registered
772 Posts
So I was going through Brady to lbj and I stopped at the service station there and up comes this big jacked up dodge and out pops his blonde long legged hot as he'll gf(I'm assuming)

Anyways I hope you get your problem fixed!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I was going through Brady to lbj and I stopped at the service station there and up comes this big jacked up dodge and out pops his blonde long legged hot as he'll gf(I'm assuming)

Ya it's a pussy truck and my blonde is way better

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

When did you come through Brady? Around labor day weekend?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
What converter do you have?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts