Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im seriously confused about whats wrong with my motor, 1st day had white smoke and injector knock i ask on here y'all say do the ice pick fix didnt get to do it so it does it again 2 days later and doesn'tstop so i limp it half a mile to get off the road and out of the wind and start the ice pick fix got #2 to stop but #7 wouldn't fix for nothing this is when i noticed oil under the truck and water coming out of the exhaust so i haul it home and figured out the the oil was coming from #8 injector... So whats yall best idea about what wrong?? No way i can have wire harness trouble head gaskets and a bad o-ring or a loose injector all at once??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Probably head gasket. Water out the pipe is a good sign. As for the oil I'm not sure why that would be coming from an injector. The injectors aren't touching any oil sources of...so could be back to a head gasket letting oil into the top of your number 8 cylinder.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was told they can leak oil if not seated tight or o-ring went bad, guessing they do touch an oil source???

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The injector does NOT touch oil in a LLY. It will NOT cause an oil leak.

If you have water in the exhaust, and hard upper hose, that is a good sign of a leaking head gasket.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
On a side note, I see all around the south-side of town. You must live near Wal-Greens on Buffalo Gap Rd. I'm all over the south-side of town, live behind Champions Church on Buffalo Gap rd.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Do LLY have injector cups? If so, coolant in exhaust might possibly be coming from the cups. I know that the LMM don't have cups, but not sure about the LLY.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The injector does NOT touch oil in a LLY. It will NOT cause an oil leak.

If you have water in the exhaust, and hard upper hose, that is a good sign of a leaking head gasket.
Guess ill find out more when i get to that point i already spent 1600 bucks on hg kit with studs and a few other mods that need to be done while im in there... Just hope #8 isnt screwed...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On a side note, I see all around the south-side of town. You must live near Wal-Greens on Buffalo Gap Rd. I'm all over the south-side of town, live behind Champions Church on Buffalo Gap rd.
Yeah i moved to chimney rock just last summer, my parents live in mesquite forest so im usually down that way too

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
LB7 is the only engine with injector cups-!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just dont get my there is oil coming from around #8

·
Registered
39 Posts
It may be possible that your upper valve cover gasket is leaking just above the number 8 injector. That's the only way I can imagine oil getting there other than what I said in my first post.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just did drip test and there is fuel in the oil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts