Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes 406 the Z71 parts will swap onto the 2500

No the 2500 axles do not fit the 1500 as they are rear leaf spring and the 1500 is coil
converting it is a 1500.00 option, the front is not swappable.

you will have 10K in a wrecked junk truck, you'll either pay 8-10K for one with a relatively straight front clip and cooling system or 6K for one that needs parts and put another 2-4K into it to make it applicable, thats assuming you want to be in the 75-100K mi range, if you go up into the 250K mi range it can be half that but the resale wont be there later down the line.
Check Copart and IAAI

Yes it requires custom drive shafts, wiring, ac lines, etc, etc,

No Duramax Suburban is Plug-Play, the NBS LMM & LML are the worst of the bunch, we have had several show up over the years needing to be finished, many times its just as expensive to fix and replace whats wrong then if the client just came to us in the first place. Buyer beware at Youtube/DuraBurbinc was the worst so far needing a complete re-power Duramax.

If you aren't familiar with GM high speed LAN communication protocol, programming & wiring the LMM/LML realm usually lends a 7000LB paper weight

the standard rear for the 2500 Sub is the 2nd smallest at 9.5" (next to the Dana60 Quadrasteer at 9.25)
there was a tow option that got you the 10.5" you can tell the difference by looking at it, if the pinion snout has a 6 bolt flange then its a 10.5, you dont need to change it out as they are already a full floater

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey thanks for all the good info so far! I have a 2500 suburban and am looking for a wrecked truck now. Anyways I wanted to know if you could tell me where you get your custom drive shafts? Would you be able to help me out with the custom parts once I begin the conversion?

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
361 Posts
Murls driveline service in Spokane WA is top notch for custom drive lines call him up with measurements he does every thing from semi trucks to drag race rigs and off road 4x4s call Murl at 509-532-0844 tell him Josh sent you

and a good place to look for a doner truck is spaldings here in Spokane or there is a website copart.com the have a lot here in Spokane as well as Helena and Billings and they have auctions every Wednesday i think don't quote me on that

·
Registered
2 Posts
I currently have a 99 2500 Burban with a tired big block. I have considered buying a crew cab in the spring but I use my burban for hauling not only the camper but the family. I have read a lot of the threads here about the duramax conversions on the 01 and up burbans but haven't seen anything about putting a duramax in my vintage burban. Anyone out there have any suggestions ??
I currently have a 99 2500 Burban with a tired big block. I have considered buying a crew cab in the spring but I use my burban for hauling not only the camper but the family. I have read a lot of the threads here about the duramax conversions on the 01 and up burbans but haven't seen anything about putting a duramax in my vintage burban. Anyone out there have any suggestions ??
I finished a 99 C2500LT that had been a 6.5Lin 2008. I still have it. It's a LOT of work! I had an 01 4Wd donor. The most difficult part for me was the innercooler. Next would be breeding the 162 wiring circuits.
I'll be glad to tell you more. Email me. I still have all of my notes.
Gordon Marks(hogmotors)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts