Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just joined this forum. I've been driving my 99 F-250 Superduty for the last 12 1/2 years and 306,000 miles. I've made many "upgrades" to it over the years. Those experiences have gained me a certain amount of respect on the 7.3 Superduty forum I have been a member of for the last 6 1/2 years since it started up. I love my truck, but she's getting old. I need a daily driver with lower miles to get me back & forth to work, sometimes in the nastiest winter weather many of you will ever see.

I joined this forum to learn more about the 2012 Duramax I plan on buying in the next few months. Like I said, I love my truck. But it's getting old and I can't stomach how damned fugly the newer Ford diesels are. I'm not interested in any brand bashing. I firmly believe any of the 3 major diesel pickup brands have their good & bad points. But I didn't marry an ugly girl and I'm not going to buy an ugly truck.

So I plan on lurking around here, reading & learning. Maybe I'll learn some things to steer clear of and some things to get on the option list. At the moment I'm leaning towards a 2500HD Work Truck with the Duramax/ Allison combo, extended cab, 4x4 and the manual transfer case that comes with the Work Truck trim level package. In my part of the world, things with electric motors or servos like to freeze up when those 2 - 3 day long, Lake Superior blizzards come rolling through in January. View attachment 33379 View attachment 33380

So in conclusion, hi everyone. I'll be lurking. :heyyyy

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome! you will like it here its a good crowd! Not like some other forums where its all bashing and smoke stories! good people and good info SOAK IT UP!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF !

·
Registered
897 Posts
Welcome, there is a lot of reading material on this site.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
This is a great forum with many knowledgeable people! I'm a newb not only to the forum, but to diesels as well, and I'm learning every day here!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I went from a 7.3 to a duramax. I like the motor and interior of the chevy a lot better but the ford truck drivetrain was way better. I am comparing my e99 psd to my old 03 2500hd. What sold me on the duramax was the fuel mileage. I think no matter what truck you choose you will love over your 7.3.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Welcome to the forum man. The 7.3 sure was a good motor, you won't catch much slack here for that, don't worry. What all do you have done to it? Pics?

The '11/12 rigs are supposed to be amazing platforms, I haven't heard much negative about them so far, so you should be quite pleased if you decide to go this route.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
You will enjoy the new Duramax. I hear they are a beast of a truck stock. You are right about the new fords as well. Welcome aboard

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What all do you have done to it?
F-250 early 99 4x4 SD SC longbed, 99.5 PCM, Stage 1 Single Shot Injectors, Dominator 66 turbo from Bean's, Adrenaline HPOP from Dieselsite, 99.5+ intake covers, 6.0 Intercooler, BTS Trans w/ V-10 trans cooler plus aux cooler, MBRP T-304 Stainless 4" exhaust, "Hutch" in-tank mod, FPR Shimmed, Ford Air Intake System w/foam intake sleeve, KCM H/X mod, CCV mod, Coolant Filter, BD Exhaust Brake, BD TorqLoc, ICPW 2002 headlights, headlight harness, Silverstar bulbs, Dynatrac Hub Conversion, 285/75R16 tires.

TUNING BY POWERHUNGRY PERFORMANCE: Whisper mode, Fuel Sipper, 65hp Towing, 100 Performance, 120 Racing and a modified stock tune.

Clocked by AutoEnginuity 0-60 in 6.7 sec's.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts