Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Silverado dually, I am wanting to convert it to a srw. I know the front you just have to remove the adaptor, now the rear end is about 2” wider per side if I am correct. I am wondering if I can keep the same rear end since I will be lifting it. Once I lift the truck the front will space out about 2” so the spacing on all the wheels should be extremely close. I have been searching to find out exactly what needs done to the rear end to make it work with drw axle, I will be running different shocks and u bolts since lifting the truck so that shouldn’t be an issue. I have been reading and am unsure about the rear brakes whether they will need to be changed or modified, I will be running a set of 22x12 wheels also, so I do not see any clearance issues. Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated. I think I am on the right track just would like to get in touch with someone who has done this before. Thanks for any information

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just wondering why? You can lift a dually and or get super singles for it,not?

·
Registered
699 Posts
where are you from, been wanting to convert mine to a dually and flatbed, whats the measurement from backing plate to backing plate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the looks of the fleetside over the dually...Got a killer deal on the truck thats the only reason i got the dually

1 - 5 of 5 Posts