Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body ever install one of these on there LML? My truck doesn't have a block htr as it was a US truck so ordered without it. The coolant circulator would be better than installing a block heater by far.

Any cons to doing this? Any pics of installs?

Thxs

·
Registered
897 Posts
Are you sure it doesn't have the block heater? From my understanding, they all do. On my LMM the cord is tywrapped behind the passenger side wheel fender well liner.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Get up on the front bumber. Now stand on you head between the fuel filter and the inner fender, it is on your left in the new inaccessible location. Please refer to it as the DB Cooper wire.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
The LGH (van version of LML) has a "Fuel Operated coolant Heater" (FOH).

These trucks start really well in the cold (below 0*F) without assistance, and the built in 'elevated idle' system for warmup also does it's job.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
The LGH (van version of LML) has a "Fuel Operated coolant Heater" (FOH).

These trucks start really well in the cold (below 0*F) without assistance, and the built in 'elevated idle' system for warmup also does it's job.
Thats funny right there....:rof
Mine has fuel operated power steering, water pump and a battery charger as well.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Mine starts really well in 0* weather too..

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Thats funny right there....:rof
Mine has fuel operated power steering, water pump and a battery charger as well.
page 9-10 of the 2011 dmax manual if you want to know more...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts