Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member and have searched the forums and found some very helpful info so far. Recently I noticed I was losing a large amount of coolant, but couldn't find a leak anywhere. After further investigation I found that I have water in my oil. When I pulled the dipstick the oil is a creamy grey and very watery. Most things I've found have mentioned that it's usually a head gasket leak, but I also read something about the upper radiator hose being hard. So far the radiator hose is always soft and when I loosen the resevoir cap it doesn't seem to have much pressure behind it even when the engine is hot. Is there anything else that could cause coolant in the oil? I am trying to find a reputable diesel shop in the Houston area, but would like to have an idea what I'm walking into so I don't get screwed by the mechanic.

BTW, Truck is 2003 LB7 with 240k miles. I have already replaced the injectors 3 times under warranty.

Thanks,
-Brandon

·
Registered
421 Posts
there are a few things that can cause this.
bad intake gasket,
bad head gasket,
or you have either a cracked head or cracked cylinder sleeve.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Another option would be a bad seal on the water pump.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah. The dealer was trying to screw me saying I had a bad seal on my water pump. They told me I would have to pay for labor. I told them no since they replaced my pump a couple of months prior to that. The diesel mechanic was in the service manager's office & said that if that seal was truly bad, I would be getting coolant in the oil. They covered the new pump & I have been good ever since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts