Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, was driving the truck today, parked it was walking away from it happened to turn around and see that there was a puddle underneath the drivers side front of the engine, the leak was dripping off the back left edge of that removable skid plate. so i took it off and noticed that most of the residue seemed to be where it was when i had that line go bad(which is right by the oil pan is where it had residue) but by happen chance i noticed that a bolt on the water pump had some coolant on it. and before i go freaking out thinking i have a head gasket bad i wanna know where the weep hole is for the water pump i've heard about it but don't know where it is.....that and other ideas about what it could be would be good. truck is running fine, no over heating, oil didn't appear milky. for those wondering where i am seeing the leaking, the pictures in my previous thread are actually about spot on

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/0...04344-coolant-leak-help-very-much-wanted.html

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Look at the lower radiator hose-- follow the hose up to the pump-- look carefully and the weep hole will be on the bottom of the pump.

If you have stains on the lower hose-- that is almost a sure sign that you have a bad pump.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have the same problem but i also have the same leak on the passenger side to. noth leaks are on the same part of the frame rails and its kinda getting on my nerves. your saying take off the skip plate and loook for any stains on the cooant lines coming out of the radiator.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look at the lower radiator hose-- follow the hose up to the pump-- look carefully and the weep hole will be on the bottom of the pump.

If you have stains on the lower hose-- that is almost a sure sign that you have a bad pump.
you are referring to the hose that is to the left of the pump correct? i had some coolant on there too.....well maybe when i take my transmission out i can nail this too, i'll double check...but its the hose to the left of the pump?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

went out with a flash light and a determination,followed the hose and saw a persistent drop (i am aft looking forward driver side on the left) and i saw a random hole on the left side of it, it looked dry so i put my finger up there, plugged it and took it off...sure enough fluid is coming out of it....found myself a weekend project :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts