Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Duramax with 147,000 Miles on it. Over the winter I noticed a little puddle of coolant under the truck. It appeared to be coming out of the back of the engine somewhere. This spring I took it in for a coolant flush and to have the dealer locate the leak. They called me immediately and said its coming out of a seal in the back of the engine. To fix it, they would have to pull the motor. Anyone else have this problem?

Quick fix?

Let me know

·
Registered
813 Posts
on the top passanger sid eof the engine there is a plate with a gasket that i had a small weep.... ill see if i can find the parts diagram, dealer said to pull motor but i got a gm tech friend to take it on, he removed the turbo and beat up his knuckles pretty good.... tough job...

·
Registered
103 Posts
My heater hose was leaking intermittently where it goes into the firewall.It has the spring clamp on the hose,not a regular wormgear clamp.It dripped down the right side of the engine and appeared to be coming from a multitude of places before I finally traced it to the heater hose.I just squeezed the clamp with pliers and rotated the hose back and forth and it has not been a problem since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts