Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lb7 has 98000 miles on it, all new I hectors 3000 miles ago. I never had a knock or coolant loss until they were changed.

I get a very noticeable knock coming from the right side of the engine.

I have had to add coolant regularly to keep the low coolant light off.

I now have white smoke coming out of my oil breather tube that condensates on glass I put in front of it so assume the coolant is seeping into the oil and steaming.

When they replaced the injectors the dealership tech messed up and left the existing washer for the injector in the cup and put the new injector with oring in as well. Well the truck apparently knocked really bad because of this and they had my truck another day to tear it down and pull the extra oring out. When they apparently got it fixed they returned the truck to me and it k ocked a little louder then i was used to but they said everything was fine. I took it in as the knock got louder and they "could not duplicate the problem". I hate dealerships. Would this have done any damage? Is it possible when they pulled one of the injectors the cup pulled out a bit and is now leaking?

I am not driving the truck till I take it in on Monday. When I have started it the past few weeks the starter will start cranking the motor and hesitate and stop and then continue cranking and the motor starts. This happens only when cold starting. Does this have anything to do with the coolant in the crank or maybe just the starter starti to go out. I have warranty for another 3000 miles so I wan to iron out as much as I can. I believe the dealership should be on the hook for any injector cup problems since they admittedly screwed up once.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also my warranty is an aftermarket mercury warranty that authorized the injector repair

1 - 2 of 2 Posts